Interoperability between Police Force applications has been a perennial problem. It is also a problem outside of a force when you consider how neighbouring forces share data between different systems.
This interoperable goal is now a reality. Salesforce is today announcing a partnership with Sopra Steria to provide interoperability between its Citizen Connect proposition and STORM, the market-leading Computer-Aided Despatch (CAD) product
The quantity of systems where data is held within forces runs into double digits and commonly, these systems all maintain their own databases. Citizen data may be duplicated across systems and in some cases, inaccessible for data mining and interrogation. Maintaining multiple databases is cumbersome and extracting the right information at the right time is challenging. The user experience typically involves multiple logins and a lot of ‘swivel chair’ moving from one system to another.
I have been to many Police events where interoperability has been discussed as being the way forward to support the sharing of data within a force and amongst neighbouring forces to aid the fight against crime and better inform users when making decisions. As an example, when 2 x forces shared an instance of a Record Management System (RMS) it produced a conviction very quickly where a burglary had taken place across a county border and the person was known to the neighbouring force and duly apprehended.
This interoperable goal is now a reality. Salesforce is today announcing a partnership with Sopra Steria to provide interoperability between its Citizen Connect proposition and STORM, the market-leading Computer-Aided Despatch (CAD) product. This announcement coincides with the 25 year anniversary of STORM and provides a number of benefits to the user as it shifts the focus from incident focused engagements to citizen-focused engagements. These benefits include:
- Information held within STORM is synchronised with Citizen Connect to provide insights based on previous engagements such as previous arrests/crimes, social interactions or incident-based enquiries to the force
- Users can despatch officers using a single application
- Data held within STORM can be interrogated and analysed for trends/insights
- A single sign-on approach removes multiple systems passwords
- Voice, email, social media and force websites are integrated into one user screen enabling faster contextual insights to aid decision making
- Information held within a force can be shared with another force or agency
- Compatibility with Single Online Home
- Evergreen, scalable platform that is tailored to each forces requirements
Salesforce and Sopra Steria are demonstrating this capability at BAPCO today, 12th October 2021 so please join us to see this working in person and we can address any questions that you may have.
Salesforce is the platform that helps the Public Sector transform its engagements – giving public servants a 360-degree view of citizens, stakeholders and partners. We help public services quickly evolve in a modular way by streamlining services, increasing efficiencies, and supporting innovation.
Salesforce offers a single platform approach that enables Police Forces to consolidate citizen touch points and ensure that all information related to a case is presented in a single view. Police Force systems can also connect with the Salesforce platform – using any one of our integration solutions – to automate the easy exchange of data, better inform decision making at public contact, and share the right information with Officers.