CoPaCC Limited (“We”), publishers of Policing Insight and PolicingTV are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is CEO Bernard Rix, CoPaCC Limited 142 Station Road, Chingford, London, E4 6AN, United Kingdom.
It is important to note that Policing Insight and PolicingTV use a single registrations ie registering for one also provides access to the other via a single user database.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and/or other plugins, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or your photograph
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways (the following lists are not exhaustive):
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e the account registration form or your My Account page);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not share information with third parties unless you opted in specifically at account registration or later via your My Account page. This opt in/opt out can be changed at any time via the My Account page.
If you opt in, we may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Third parties on whose behalf we have conducted surveys, competitions, promotions and other activities which you have chosen to take part in.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or omitting to check) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
External services using data and/or cookies from Policing Insight:
We use this service to improve your experience across the sites
- The service: This service runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience .
- The data Google Analytics stores about you: Non-identifiable data such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/ website and for more information on Google Analytics, this link is very useful http://www.cookielaw.org/google-analytics-eu-cookie-law/
We use this service as a platform to power our content management system
The service: WordPress (http://wordpress.org/) is our content management system and sets cookies to store user initiated interface preferences. This helps make your visits easier and the site more useful to you. Our content management system stores the data that you pass when signing up for an account or interacting with the site, such as filling in a web form to download a PDF.
The data we store about you: WordPress stores any information that you enter into a field on our site, for example; your comments, email address, and any details you may enter on your My Account page or on any of our forms
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our site, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
The service: Stripe is our secure payments partner. Stripe holds your debit/credit card details to facilitate subscription payment transactions. Stripe is a large reputable organisation used by thousands of retail and internet brands
The data we store about you: Stripe only holds the your payment card data. CoPaCC does not hold this data to maximise security
The service: MailChimp is our email provider for our weekly newsletter.
The data we store about you: Subscribers to the weekly newsletter have their email address stored by MailChimp. The newsletters can be unsubscribed via a link on the newsletter or via the ‘My Account’ page on Policing Insight.
The service: Provides the system emails to users such as account validation, password resets and similar.
The data we store about you: The user’s email address is stored in Policing Insight and is integral to service of the site.
Thank you for visiting our site.