Implementing advanced technology across the force will reduce the time personnel spend on administration, allow relevant information to be shared and increase situational awareness.
First responders continue to protect our communities despite several issues: recruitment challenges, ageing populations and strained budgets. Demands on our forces are further exacerbated by administrative incompetencies: time-consuming manual reports and paperwork, the inability to capture and share data in real-time, and inefficient team communication – particularly between the operations centre and officers in the field.
Although numerous factors are beyond police control, modernisation is capable of driving significant change. Implementing advanced technology across the force will reduce the time personnel spend on administration, allow relevant information to be shared and increase situational awareness. However, simply introducing another system generating a stream of information that isn’t gathered or analysed won’t create efficiencies. Improvements in policing can only be achieved through interconnectivity.
Connected Police: Breaking down silos and bridging systems
To achieve the policing remit of preventing crime and disorder, frontline officers need to be present and active in the community, and ready to respond. Prioritising police resources so officers have fewer administrative demands means they can better address crime and the larger issues we face.
We’ve created an end-to-end incident management ecosystem, Connected Police, incorporating the Connected Officer, Connected Vehicle and Connected Control Room.
At Motorola Solutions, we’ve created an end-to-end incident management ecosystem, Connected Police, incorporating the Connected Officer, Connected Vehicle and Connected Control Room. Each element can be leveraged individually or collectively, according to the needs of your agency to enhance your existing environment.
Through a combination of voice and video technology, and intuitive software, Connected Police facilitates interconnectivity, creating more efficient processes and workflows. Resources are better allocated, evidence is more easily captured and organised, system security and performance is maximised, and costs are decreased. From dispatch right through to arrest, officers have full awareness of an incident, this reduces response time and mitigates errors, increasing safety for both themselves and the public. Breaking down silos of police data information and bridging systems, this interconnectivity reduces administrative tasks and aids real-time collaboration and efficiency across agencies – supporting better decision-making and a swifter police response.
When saving time can mean saving a life, officers need intuitive, synchronised tools to establish trust and transparency, prioritising the safety of personnel and the public.
- Body cameras: Capture high-quality, first-person video and foster community trust with an always-on, unbiased independent witness.
- Mobility applications: Police officers can carry out administrative tasks digitally, such as reporting, capturing witness statements and identifying suspects in real-time through a federated search.
- Radio-connected vehicle: Improve communications and enhance safety with radios designed for all conditions, fitting the demands of a mission-critical team.
Stay in control on the road. For police responders on patrol, situational awareness – bolstered by knowledge, collaboration and efficiency is imperative.
- In-car video: Leverage a powerful video analytics engine from inside the police vehicle, capturing evidence to keep you safer and more efficient on the move. With front, side and cabin cameras, and evidence management software, incidents are simplified and unified.
- Video Manager: Video Manager enables the preparation, processing and secure sharing of high-quality video evidence from body-worn cameras and other sources. Now, you can spend less time toggling back and forth between systems, and more time using powerful video evidence to close cases.
- Digital car kit : Transform your portable radio into a virtual mobile radio with in-vehicle battery charging, hands-free operation and extended coverage.
- Infotainment (Car Play): Our Mobile Policing Applications integrate with your vehicles infotainment system, Apple Carplay, and your CAD Systems – allowing you hands-free dispatch and responding – you can also benefit from body-worn camera (BWC) integration.
Connected Control Room
For your Control Room to service the needs of your officers, it requires systems that can manage the flow of information today, and embrace the tools of tomorrow.
- Video security and access control: Empower teams with a scalable video portfolio that includes high-performance technology, video analytics, video management software, security cameras and access control solutions.
- Control room software: Helping agencies handle call records and evidence management more efficiently and effectively, our software supports enhanced operational performance and includes integrated voice and video streams.
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR): Motorola Solutions’ new generation of quick-deploy ANPR systems combine ANPR technology with ease of installation. Customisable to the needs of your community, the technology digitises control room tasks and relays evidence to personnel, highlighting vehicles of interest and sharing information in real-time.
Powered by our industry-leading technology, Motorola Solutions’ Connected Police ecosystem can be leveraged according to the needs of your agency and your community you serve. One or all of the software components can be integrated into your existing environment so you can empower personnel with new levels of safety and productivity.
To discover the benefits of the Connected Police ecosystem for your agency, request a guided tour at the Motorola Solutions booth at the ANZPAA Police Conference 2023 in Melbourne, 9-10 November 2023.
Alternatively, you can enter the online Connected Police experience today and see for yourself how our technology can enhance your existing operations.