PIER22: Child Sexual Abuse – Instigating change in practice, partnership and protection
(Ended 14th Jun 2022)
13th Jun 2022 to 14th Jun 2022
PIER22 is a FREE online event held on 14 and 15 June 2022.
This important event, supported by Policing Insight and PolicingTV, brings together national leads in areas including violence against women and girls, the voice of the victim and multi-agency safeguarding arrangements.
It is the first time that speakers involved in leading and overseeing national child protection reviews will be seen and heard together in one session.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
- DCC Maggie Blyth, National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) Lead for Violence Against Women and Girls
- DCC Ian Critchley, National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) Lead for Child Protection
- Simon Bailey, Chair of PIER and former NPCC Lead for child protection
- Sir Alan Wood CBE
- Dame Vera Baird, Victims Commissioner for England and Wales
- Gareth Edwards, Director of Vulnerability Knowledge and Practice Programme (VKPP), National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC)
- Lorraine Parker, National Policing Vulnerability Coordination Centre
- Josh MacAlister, Chair of the Independent Review of Children’s Social Care
- Sara Tough, Director of Norfolk Children’s Services
- Tom Farrell, Global Head of Safeguarding Alliances at SafeToNet
Policing Insight is pleased to be a media partner of PIER22: Child Sexual Abuse – Instigating change in practice, partnership and protection