National Criminal Justice Conference 2021 (In progress)
30th Nov 2021 to 1st Dec 2021
30 November - 1 December - Midland Hotel, Manchester
The use of technology plays an ever-increasing and vital role in our criminal justice system. Such technology must ensure that the care of victims and witnesses remains integral to its legitimacy.
Considering two separate but related issues, this year's National Criminal Justice Conference will focus on increasing the confidence of victims and witnesses to build legitimacy and trust in the Criminal Justice System; and how the increasing role of technology can support successful prosecutions.
This is an opportunity for delegates to hear first-hand from experts across the system on the issues impacting upon confidence and how these may be addressed.
Additionally, delegates will be able to attend bespoke sessions hosted by the National Police Chiefs’ Council Leads in Criminal Justice, designed to give a look ahead to upcoming challenges and progress in different areas of our business.
- Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave, Chair of NPCC Criminal Justice Co-ordination Committee
- Kit Malthouse MP, Policing Minister
- Dame Vera Baird, Victims Commissioner
- Dame Victoria Sharp, President of the Queen's Bench Division
- Rt. Hon. Lord Chief Justice Tim Holroyde, Chair of the Sentencing Council
- Director of Public Prosecutions, Max Hill QC